The New Artist Outreach Program is a scholarship program aimed at Artists of color.
Alpha follows the 11 principles of FIGMENT and strives to be truly a place for everyone. We have realized that we are lacking in our inclusion, and are making an effort to actually practice what we preach. This program, based on donations from our team and you will help support ALPHA's direct outreach. Help us bring new participants who previously did not have knowledge of or ability to attend our event or for whom ticket price is a barrier to entry. Our strength is in our diversity.
This program is designed to expand the reach of ALPHA to include artists who are not yet in the burner/Figment/ALPHA circle preference will be given to lesser known applicants.
Eligibility and terms:
- Priority will be given to artists of color
- You must be a first time attendee of ALPHA
- Your project must be interactive/participatory and exciting. Make it large/silly/instructive/exciting/thought provoking
- You must provide a realistic plan to execute your project
- Preference will be given to those for whom financial need is a barrier for attendance
For questions and to apply please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org