Need help getting your large art piece to Ramblewood from NYC? EMAIL US.
The ALPHA event is being held at Camp Ramblewood in Darlington, Maryland. Ramblewood is a fabulously well-equipped camp with cabins, indoor space, a pond, and permanent art projects, located on the Susquehanna River. View Larger Map
CARPOOLING: We will help you get a ride to ALPHA! Please fill out the form that will be sent February 1st, there will be an opportunity to post rides and ask for rides.
Directions to Camp Ramblewood
From Washington D.C. and Points South
- Take Beltway (I-495) into Maryland to I-95 North.
- Take I-95 North through Baltimore Harbor Tunnel. Remain on I-95 North twoard New York (J.F.Kennedy Highway).
- Proceed on I-95 North to the Havre de Grace exit.
- Turn Left twoards Churchville and Bel Air, Proceed on Route 155 for three miles. Turn Right onto Route 161 and proceed five miles into Darlington.
- Turn Right onto Shuresville Road. Proceed about one and a half miles on Shuresville Road and watch for Silver Road on your right. Enter Silver Road and proceed a half-mile into Ramblewood.
From Philadelphia, NYC, and Points North
- Take south on U.S. Route 1 and proceed to the Susquehanna River. Cross the Conowingo Dam.
- Take the first left turn after the Dam onto Shuresville Road.
- Proceed for 0.7 miles and watch for Silver Road on the left.
- Turn Left onto Silver Road and proceed for a half-mile into Ramblewood.
It may be possible to take a bus or Amtrak to Aberdeen, a nearby town and arrange for pick up.
Please Note: Ramblewood is privately owned property and privately operated. Please DO NOT "drop by" without making prior arrangements with Ramblewood management. For more information on Camp Ramblewood, click here.
Main photo ©2014 Preet Gujral, ALPHA.