Who: Anyone and everyone is welcome, especially those who may or may not consider themselves creators, makers, artists, builders.
What: "Where failure is not an option... it is a requirement"- Figment Executive Director David Koren.
ALPHA was launched in 2013 as an event that gives participants a safe space to experiment with interactive and participatory projects. ALPHA is a a place to launch new projects, to fail, to collaborate, to improve and refine existing projects, to dive in and create something new and unexpected, to reinvent yourself completely as a creator.
We are inspired by Burning Man and follow the 11 Principles of FIGMENT based on the 10 Principles of Burning Man.
When: April 21-24, 2022
Where: Ramblewood Rustic Resort 2564 Silver Road Darlington, MD 21034 Click here for a map of the location, or click here for directions. Cabins and camp sites available!
- Tickets: All participants must have one! early bird tickets are available HERE. Production staff work for comp tickets, please email if interested.
- Participation: Participants bring small and large interactive projects.
- Location: Ramblewood is a 200 acre private resort with lakes, hiking trails, barn, dance hall, cabins, meeting rooms.
- Curation: The production staff organize projects to allow participants to engage in many different experiences through the weekend, we place projects in appropriate indoor and outdoor settings.
- Logistics: We can help you get your large art project from NYC to ALPHA and back, email us or fill out the form.
- Financial Support: $20 of every ticket sale is used to support ALPHA artists, we use a token system that allows participants to directly support artists of their choice.
- Effigy: A fire art project celebrating community and creativity.